Thursday, November 13, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep


As most people know, October is Breast Cancer awareness month, but what many do not know is that October is also Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. When a parent loses a child at any age, it is hard to know what to say or do-maybe even more so when a parent loses a child at birth. The greatest joy of their life suddenly is replaced with an amazing sense of loss. This loss is always there but with the help of volunteer photographers, many parents are turning to a non-profit organization which supports grieving parents. The Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep organization is made up of affiliated volunteer photographers who share their time and talent and provide parents with remembrance photography. So why am I blogging about this organization.  Because I am a volunteer member who is looking for more volunteers in the local Brazos Valley area-we need more talented photographers to share in this very sensitive type of photography. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea and that's ok. However, I do want to talk to you if you are interested and feel you can handle this type of photographic session.  I'm extremely moved by the shear strength these families display in a time of grief and desolation and I'm glad to be available when I can. 

No comments: